Training and fitness
Virtually all on-the-water training is on the Avon River at Owles Terrace. From the city, head along Pages Road toward New Brighton. Cross the bridge and at the roundabout, turn right. Entrance is about 300 m, near the Power Boat Club.
- Paddles and life jackets provided
- Fully experienced dragon boaters available to help
- Wear clothes you don’t mind getting a little wet, thermals if it is a bit chilly
- You don’t need to be super fit; there’s no age limit.
- All you need is a sense of adventure and a desire to have some fun.
Phone Toni at 351 6210 for further information, or click here to read our introductory booklet.